Sometimes I write books about my interests, or build full-fledged projects and businesses around them. Sometimes, I write articles about them, here on this website. Sometimes, I journal without publishing.
How getting unstuck will help you connect more dots
Getting unstuck (creatively) will help you, no matter what you do in life. But even more so if you make a living off having good ideas and sharing them with those around you (whether that’s friends, family, co-workers, your boss, potential clients… or the entire world).
The central question is:
“How can we unblock our creativity so we can have more and better ideas, and share them with the world in an impactful way and live a more fulfilled life?”
Or, in other words:
How can we use our experiences, ideas and personal interpretation of the world to bring useful, impactful, beautiful creations into the world?
To that end, I write about:
- How to unblock yourself and let creativity flow
- Strategies to have more (and more useful) ideas
- (Related to the above) Strategies to develop the courage and self-trust to get better ideas
- How to communicate your ideas in an effective and impactful way (as in,
- How to make better decisions — or rather, avoid bad ones (it’s a life-long struggle)
- Marketing and Copywriting (I know, I know… it’s important though)
- Discipline vs Motivation)
- Health and Wealth
- Mental models to understand the world
- Many other things
The ultimate goal: connecting the dots in your own way
I constantly learn from others around me and the world around me. But my interpretation of these inputs, my experience and insights… they’re my own.
So everything you read here is my personal way of connecting the dots between my learnings, experiences and insights. I’m constantly working on becoming aware, shaping “my personal way”, and adjusting my “principles to live by“. I hope the input you get here helps you connect the dots in your own way, too.
(Pro tip #1: A good start for becoming aware of how you connect dots would be here (coming soon).)
(Pro tip #2: the more experiences and learnings, the more dots to connect. So keep living and learning.)
More about me
- I lived (or spent considerable time) in Belgium, Scotland, France, Germany, Italy, the US, Mexico.
- Learned to speak 6 languages. To communicate with people in the places I lived… and to expand the ways I’m able to view the world (and connect dots).
- Wrote a book about the principles behind language learning (Conversation Based Chunking).
- Started a language education company. Learned marketing and copywriting out of necessity, and I liked it. (For the number crunchers: I’ve enrolled thousands of students in my paid language courses. If you count the free online videos where people now learn languages through Conversation Based Chunking, it’s in the millions. It doesn’t feel that way, though; it’s difficult to grasp or draw any conclusions from).
- I work as a consultant for YouTube educators turn their expertise into successful, impactful online course businesses.
- I sometimes translate screenplays for production companies. Practice rounds for the screenplay I’ll write myself one day, or at least that’s what I tell myself.
- I read every day. And I write every day. Or rather… I create every day, because I believe it’s an essential part of human experience.
- Many years ago, after high school, I stopped writing by hand. I got stuck. The moment I started writing by hand again, I got unstuck.
- I’ve been on a Morning Pages streak since the 3rd of January, 2021. Haven’t missed a day since, not planning on missing one anytime soon.
- Over the past years, I’ve developed a mild obsession with lake houses.