5 dead-simple steps to start writing – even if you’ve tried everything:
- Set aside dedicated time tomorrow morning. From now on, this is your dedicated time every day.
- Start with a Tiny Trust Builder; something that makes it easy for you to show up consistently. Write for one minute. Write one sentence. Write one word. If it feels hard to do every day, think smaller.
- First build the habit, then build skill. Right now, you’re building a daily writing habit, not a “daily masterpiece” habit. That comes later.
- If step 3 feels hard: write something bad on purpose.
- If step 4 feels hard and you don’t feel motivated to write: write anyway. You don’t need motivation to write. You’re a writer. So you write.